Ovilia Mendonca: Born and brought up in Mumbai, Ovilia Mendonca has been a resident of the Middle East for almost 3 decades now. Armed with a Masters in Commerce (Management) and Masters in Communication from Mumbai University, Ovilia has been into the aviation industry for 20 years now. She is a motivational speaker and an aviation industry guest corporate celebrity speaker in UAE and Middle East for several universities. She currently works as a Vice President of in-flight services of an airline in Dubai.
Ovilia Mendonca is also an integral part of various philanthropic projects in India as well as the Middle East. She is also a part of the United Nations. The amazing work that she does includes:
1) Helping people in jobs assistance in Middle East.
2) Participating and assisting in conducting organizing medical camps and English language classes for the laborers in Middle East.
3) Assisting in clearance of dead bodies of laborers documentations.
4) Organizing educational events for autistic, Down syndrome kids, and kids with ADHD.
5) Actively participating in all United Nations project in Middle East.
6) Health events in spreading awareness about Cancer symptoms and early detection to the society in association with the Hospital’s km UAE
7) Organizing events that promote women empowerment.
8) I am one of the founder members of Home for the Aged and an orphanage in Mumbai for old women and orphans who are deserted by their families.
Some of her remarkable achievements include:
- Being honored with Bharat Gaurav award by Government of India for her social work in Middle East.
- Ranked amongst the highest viewed profile on LinkedIn worldwide ( over 1,10,000 viewership in one month)
- She is the only woman to hold the highest number of followers on LinkedIn in UAE (1, 31,000).
Ovilia Mendonca also finds the smiles of all those laborers and autistic kids that she’s helped as her biggest achievement.
“I do hold the designation the Chairwoman for UAE Global Goodwill Ambassador’s foe my philanthropic work”, says Ovilia.
A truly inspirational woman, Ovilia Mendonca shares her wonderful story of how even after having faced challenging circumstances she uplifted herself and became who she is today.
“My parents couldn’t afford to send me to the best universities in the world for my graduation degree as we were belonging to a Middle Class family in Mumbai India but still I have no regrets! I don’t hold any fancy degree from any International University in the world.
I am blessed to have graduated and done my Master’s degree from University of Bombay in India. I passed my graduation in the second attempt after failing in one subject.
But today, here I prove to the world. To be successful in life, one doesn’t necessarily needs to hold any degrees from International Universities and one doesn’t needs to be born to be born to rich dad.
I used to be below average student in school,
I am feeling blessed today on December 13th 2017 , to set an benchmark that an Indian woman also can be an Guest of Honor Speaker to the Final Year of University Students at one of the most prestigious University in Dubai.
I am extremely grateful to the the board and trust of International University in UAE and to Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) in UAE Education Department to invite me as an “Guest Motivational Speaker” chosen over among the several long elite list of talented professional on LinkedIn
All Thanks to Linkedin for giving me an Global Corporate identity for my hard work and dedication over the years.
Blessed to be the only woman in UAE with the highest number of followers on LinkedIn
Blessed to be ranked on the highly viewed profile in the world on LinkedIn
Never underestimate yourself, trust in your abilities!!”
“Being a woman in a male dominated industry of flight operations was the best ever challenge which I have successfully accomplished to hold the designation as an Vice president today of an airline in Middle East”, says Ovilia Mendonca.
Ovilia Mendonca has plans of starting non-profit aviation training Institute for students who can’t afford the fees of prestigious Institute in India. She also plans of starting more homes for the aged and orphanages in Mumbai.
Ovilia’s message to her readers:
Have faith in your abilities; don’t lose hope however difficult your circumstances may be at present!!
There is always something good in store for the future.