Based in Ahmedabad, Archana Shah is the founder of ‘Archana and Amit Shah’- an architecture and interior design firm. They have been practising architecture and interior design for over two decades now! The spaces created by them are highly friendly yet infused with unexpected flair and uniqueness. They are known for their diversity in the work categories. Their profile is multifaceted with works ranging from theme entertainment areas to residential, commercial etc. Their work is particularly characterized by simplification of form, amalgamating contemporary and modern designs with minimalism, clean lines and less strong colors. The firm also encourages the use of local materials and craftsmen with innovative applications in the interiors endearing both national & international clients.
With many accolades to her name, Ar. Archana Shah is also currently writing a book called ‘Décor Dialogues’. The cover page for the same was recently released at the Gujarat Literature Festival, 2018.
Projects featured in the Beautiful Houses series White Flag Publication:
1) 50 Beautiful Houses in India Vol. 1
2) 50 Beautiful Houses in India Vol. 2
3) 50 Luxury Apartments in India Vol. 1
4) 50 Beautiful House in India Vol. 3
A few of the many accolades in the name of Ar. Archana Shah include:
- She has been a Weekly Columnist in TOI’s Gujarati edition NavGujarat Samay for over 2 years.
- Shortlisted as 100 Hot Architects in the 6th edition issue of Architects and Interiors India, 2015.
- Archana Shah & Amit Shah had a privilege to work on the restoration,conservation of “Asmita Bhawan” Ahmedabad, where Gujarat’s first Vidhan Sabha happened after its separation from Maharasthra, with the purpose of bringing back its original grandeur.
- Honored by BUILD (UK) Architecture Awards as Female Interior Architect of the year – 2016.
- Their projects have been used as Shooting Locations for many of the Gujarati films. To name a few “Chal Man Jeetva Jaiye” & “Love Ni Bhavai “are recently released.
Here’s an interview with the dynamic Archana Shah of ‘Archana and Amit Shah’:
- What you do currently? Tell us about any current projects or initiatives you wish to promote.
Answer: Currently, we are working on various kinds of projects majorly in hi end residential and offices. We are also associated with the prestigious
Somnath temple trust as the lead architects for renovation of their 12000 sq. yds. Built up Sagardarshan Atithi gruh project.
Also, we are coming up with a coffee table book titled ‘Design Décor’ on children spaces exclusively designed by us.
So we are looking forward to it. Shall share the details soon on our websites.
- What challenges did you face in achieving this success?
Answer: Challenges have never been challenges to me. They are the wonderful opportunities that I had received and have helped me to shape as the person I am today.
- What are your biggest achievements?
Answer: I believe it is always work in progress. 🙂
- Tell our readers more about your personal life.
Answer: Very few people know that I am totally in awe with nature and universe and its workings. For my inspirations I always tend to spend quality time alone and in being one with nature.
- What according to you are your futures plans?
Answer: We are already working towards creating a practice which involves one stop solution for the projects where we will work with concerned professionals to deliver a beautiful output. Also the Future plans lie in expanding the furniture line for exclusive customized solutions for the spaces.
Archana Shah ‘s message to her readers:
“Necessity is the mother of Invention“-keep this always in mind.
Whatever you wish to do in your design, never forget what the client needs. First finish the needs, then purpose, and then bring your creativity into it.