The name Shreelata Krishnan is not new when it comes to the field of startups. A corporate professional for over 15 years, Shreelata Krishnan has been a social entrepreneur/ mentor/ coach since 2012. Her work spans a wide range of aspects including e-commerce management, service operations, training and development, communications and SCM.
Here’s an exclusive interview of the star social media coach Shreelata Krishnan with Indus Divas. Read on as she reveals more about herself and her work.
1. Tell us more about your work? – I work as a Social Impact coach and mentor across sectors and help to establish socially sustainable enterprises. I have a demonstrated history of working in the service industry. Skilled in Business operations, Training, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), enabling Start-ups. Professional
2. What are your hobbies? – I love travelling, reading, researching & recommending education innovations that are changing the way children learn . I also love doing trials of innovations in the area of experimental forms of personalized learning
3. What excites you most?– I am passionate about mentoring, coaching and helping others. I work in the social sector and help people establish sustainable enterprises. For me bringing about change in areas that impact people – like health, education, livelihood is what inspires me. If I can impact people’s lives , help them live a better life then I would consider myself very fortunate and accomplished. I enjoy meaningful work- helping bring about change that in turn changes people’s lives !
4. Tell us something about your personal life? – I am settled in Lucknow. My husband is the business head of a well known telecom firm. I have two children, both boys- they are 12 and 9. Both of them study and love football.
5. Any message to young ladies joining the field??– Be flexible, curious, persistent and independent. These are hallmarks of creativity! It will help you lose the fear of being wrong & create a world of possibilities, innovations – That’s the way to a successful future!
6. What are your future plans? – Being a mentor & coach has awakened me to the vast lack of resources & guidance in the entrepreneurial sector; especially for women in India .With its broad scope mentoring and coaching is the most appropriate vehicle to drive social impact. I would like to continue my work in the philanthropy & social development sector mentoring entrepreneurs in India & globally, helping them achieve their full potential. It will be my way of giving back to society & community.
The work done by Shreelata is truly commendable and includes the following:
-Shreelata Krishnan is the co-founder of Desi Origins– A pioneering effort in e-commerce to bring rural organic brands to the urban retail market. The venture has supported over 20 self-help groups, NGOs as well as women’s groups!
-Mentored and launched a successful organic retail store for a client in South Delhi.
-She is the Ambassador for HundRED.
–TIE Global (US Embassy Initiative) Lucknow , India Mentor- Currently Mentoring 3 mentees -women entrepreneurs who are in the process of setting up/growing their E-commerce ventures PAN India. Now she is a part of their jury for the Scale Up program.
-She is also associated with GNE- Global Network for Equality– an organization working for the welfare of children of prisoners. The organization works to provide encouragement and support to these children .
-Cherie Blair Foundation, UK (2018-19)
-Cartier Foundation, US
-She has also mentored an agripreneur from Manipal. Shreelata is associated with Indigram Labs- supported by NSTEDB, DST Government of India.
-She is associated with Startup Oasis as well. She mentored venture Kalaghar as a part of their Crafts, Culinary and livelihood accelerator program.
Shreelata Krishnan has been felicitated for being a social impact mentor. She is the recipient of Indian Woman Excellence and Leadership Award (I-WELA) by WIEF in collaboration with Government of India.
We thank Shreelata Krishnan for spending her precious time and doing this interview for us.