Indra Nooyi is an Indian-born American business executive director presently serving as the chairman and Chief officer of PepsiCo, one amongst the biggest food and drink businesses within the world. Hence, Nooyi is one amongst the highest feminine executives within us and is systematically graded among the World’s a hundred Most Powerful ladies.
Childhood & Early Life
- Certainly, Indra Nooyi was born on 28 October 1955, in Madras (now Chennai), Tamil Nadu, India, into a conservative middle-class family. Her father was a bank official.
- However, She pursued her education from Holy Angels Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School. She studied physics, chemistry and arithmetic from Madras Christian school from wherever she graduated in 1974.
- Also, A brilliant student, she earned a seat in one of India’s premier institutions, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, from where she completed a Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA), in 1976.
- Her first job was in Tootal, a British textile company which had extensive holdings in India. Eventually she went to work with Johnson & Johnson as a product manager.
- Hence, Her work in Johnson & Johnson was quite a challenging one as she was made responsible for managing the introduction of Stayfree sanitary napkins to India. Nooyi managed to introduce the products to young women by directly marketing to female students at schools and colleges.
- Her job at Johnson & Johnson made her realize that she was still unprepared for the business world, and thus she decided to pursue further education. She moved to the us to hitch Yale faculty of Management in 1978 and pursued a degree publically and personal Management. She totally enjoyed her learning expertise at Yale and graduated in 1980.
- In this position, she worked on a spread of strategy comes for consequent six years.
- In 1986, Indra Nooyi joined Motorola as a senior executive in the automotive division development team.
- Indra Nooyi changed her job again in 1990, this time accepting the post of senior vice president and director of corporate strategy and strategic marketing at Asea Brown Boveri (ABB). This job needed Nooyi to integrate a gaggle of around fifteen numerous businesses into a cohesive operation.
- In 1994, Jack Welch, the pinnacle of General electrical, and Wayne Calloway, PepsiCo CEO, both offered her jobs in their respective companies.
- Indra Nooyi entered PepsiCo in 1994 as senior vice president of corporate strategy and development. Over consecutive few years, she worked closely with the new CEO, Roger Enrico, and worked on shaping the company’s future expansion and growth strategies.
- Hence, PepsiCo at that time owned KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell restaurant chains. Nooyi vie a crucial half in obtaining these restaurants divested in 1997. The divesture resulted within the creation of Tricon world Restaurants, Inc., now renamed as Yum! Brands, Inc., that is these days one amongst the world’s largest aliment building firms.
- In keeping up with this belief, she led PepsiCo’s acquisition of Tropicana and the merger with Quaker Oats Company. Both of these ventures proved to be highly profitable to the company.
- However, In 2006, PepsiCo corporate executive Steve Reinemund retired and Nooyi became the fifth corporate executive in PepsiCo’s 44-year history.
- Indra Nooyi also serves as a member of the Foundation Board of the World Economic Forum, International Rescue Committee, Catalyst, and the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.
- However ,As an employee of PepsiCo, Nooyi is credited to have directed the company’s global strategy, leading to its extensive expansion and restructuring including the divestiture of its restaurants. Certainly, She played an instrumental role in PepsiCo’s acquisition of Tropicana and merger with Quaker Oats Company.
Awards & Achievements
- She has consistently ranked on ‘Forbes’ magazine’s list of The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women. However, ’Fortune’ magazine named Indra Nooyi No.1 on its annual ranking of Most Powerful ladies in business for 5 consecutive years from 2006 to 2010.
- She was honored with the Padma Bhushan by the President of India in 2007.
- Also, She was named 2009 CEO of the Year by Global Supply Chain Leaders Group.
Personal Life & Legacy
- Hence, Her husband is Raj Nooyi, a management consultant of Indian origin. The couple has two daughters. In spite of her very hectic corporate career, Indra always prioritizes her family and maintains close relations with her mother.
You would like to read our last blog on Pregnancy with PCOS is possible! :-
Click here to buy different Products from us!!
Read more about our herbs by clicking on the below text:-
Click Here Herbs
You can check our website for health and nutrition updates
Click Here Nutriwell India
Helpline : 8081678000
Direct whats app to contact us
Click Here to Message us
If face difficulty for buying online
Bank details for transferring amount…
Account name- Aadavi nutriwell health care (opc) private limited
A/c number- –918020062302317
Ifsc code – UTIB0000355
Indira nagar branch
You can also ask our team person to generate direct link to pay…
Please update us st 9648888820 if you make the payment.